Millards’ is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Tax Professional. As a member of Millards’ Tax group, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and reviewing personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms
- Researching tax issues and preparing memoranda, client letters and reports
- Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Assisting in the assessment of the impact of new legislation and flag any changes to the firm and its clients
- Developing tax minimization strategies
- Engaging in tax strategies in conjunction with estate planning and corporate restructuring
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Bachelor degree with 3-5 years of corporate tax experience in a professional services firm;
- CPA title mandatory;
- Relevant experience in the preparation of tax returns and tax accounting;
- Experience with tax preparation software and Excel;
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Federal and Provincial income taxes;
- Knowledge in the areas of international tax, SR&ED, and indirect taxes will be considered assets in addition to the above;
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to adapt to changes while managing multiple assignments;
- Ability to sustain a high level of pressure in a fast paced environment;
- Masters in Taxation or CICA In-Depth Tax Course will be considered an asset in addition to the above;
- Outstanding client/customer service skills.
We offer a competitive salary, training opportunities, group benefits and a pension plan.
If you are motivated by working in a fast-paced professional environment, can work independently and as part of a team, are well organized and looking for a firm where you can learn and grow, please complete the application form below.
When requested, Millards will do their utmost to accommodate people with disabilities in order to support their full participation in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or a work permit.