Millards is currently recruiting an Experienced Staff Accountant for their Brantford office.
Are you an Accountant with at least two years of experience in the public accounting sector? Have you passed your CFE? Are you interested in a position where you will provide full-service accounting to our clients and have the opportunity to grow and learn? Yes? Get in touch!
Located in our Brantford office, you must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to the multiple requirements of the role, and have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Involvement with work related to engagement assignments, including review, and compilation, in addition to personal and corporate tax returns.
- Preparation and completion of working papers, financial statements and tax returns for compilation and review engagements according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the engagement.
- Coordination, and follow-up with the appropriate government agencies as required, of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, HST), and coordination with the tax department to ensure queries are cleared and deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Must have written, and passed, the CFE.
- At least two years’ experience in public accounting.
- Working experience with public accounting software such as Caseware, Taxprep.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Outstanding client/customer service skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of required government taxes (payroll, consumer and other business)
Founded in 1920, Millards Chartered Professional Accountants is a full service accounting firm with the goal of providing personal attention and hands-on service to every client. We pride ourselves on offering high professional standards, competence and integrity.
We provide accounting services in the following areas; Personal, Corporate, Taxation, Valuation, and Technology.
Our Team is a group of dedicated individuals who are always ready to assist their clients and the communities in which they live. Friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, our clients can count on Millards for effective and experience driven expertise.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter.
If you have the required experience and are looking to work hard with an independent, growing, firm that offers the opportunity for growth within a great workplace, please complete the form below.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries. By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or a work permit.