Millards is currently recruiting a Staff Accountant for our Simcoe office.
As a staff accountant with experience in public accounting you will be responsible for providing audit and accounting services to our clients. You are able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to the multiple requirements of the role, and have the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Involvement with work related to engagement assignments, including review, and compilation, in addition to personal and corporate tax returns.
- Preparation and completion of working papers, financial statements and tax returns for compilation and review engagements according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the engagement.
- Coordination, and follow-up with the appropriate government agencies as required, of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, HST), and coordination with the tax department to ensure queries are cleared and deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Accounting or Business.
- At least two years’ experience in public accounting.
- Working experience with public accounting software such as Caseware, Taxprep would be an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Outstanding client/customer service skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of required government taxes (payroll, consumer and other business)
Founded in 1920, Millards Chartered Professional Accountants is a full service accounting firm with the goal of providing personal attention and hands-on service to every client. The Simcoe office was opened in 1948 by J.D. Rouse and we moved into our current location at the Simcoe Armories after its renovation in 2004.
We provide accounting services in the following areas; Personal, Corporate, Taxation, Valuation, and Technology.
Our Team is a group of dedicated individuals who are always ready to assist their clients and the communities in which they live. Friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, our clients can count on Millards for effective and experience driven expertise.
Millards is an independent member of HLB – the global advisory and accounting network.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter.
If you have the required experience and are looking to work hard with an independent, growing, firm that offers the opportunity for growth within a great workplace, please send your application, with covering letter, to: RobertWelsh@nullmrrca.com
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries. By applying to this position you are confirming you are eligible to work in Canada at the time of hiring.