We require an experienced Staff Accountant who will be responsible for providing accounting and audit services to our clients. Located in our Brantford office, the incumbent must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements of the role, ability to work independently and within a team environment. Local travel will require access to a vehicle for travel to clients.
Millards Chartered Accountants is a full service accounting firm that provides services in the following areas; Personal, Corporate, Taxation, Valuation, and Technology.
Our Team is a group of dedicated individuals who are always ready to assist their clients and the communities in which they live. Friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, our clients can count on Millards for effective and experience driven expertise.
We offer a competitive salary, training opportunities, group benefits and a pension plan and are looking for a:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Involvement with work related to engagement assignments, including audit, review, and compilation, in addition to personal and corporate tax returns.
- Providing assistance with audit fieldwork as assigned.
- Preparation and completion of working papers, financial statements and tax returns for compilation and review engagements according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the engagement.
- Coordination, and follow-up with the appropriate government agencies as required, of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, HST), and coordination with the tax department to ensure queries are cleared and deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Preference for Professional Accounting Designation.
- Previous experience with accounting programs including Caseware, Caseview.
- Previous experience with TaxPrep or a similar tax program.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Outstanding client/customer service skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of required government taxes (payroll, consumer and other business).
If you are motivated by working in a fast-paced, professional environment, can work independently or as part of a team, are well organized and have excellent interpersonal skills, please send your application, with covering letter, to:
Mrs. Laura Maddison
Director of HR & Administration
Millards Chartered Accountants
PO Box 367, 96 Nelson Street
Brantford, ON N3T 5N3
When requested, Millards will do their utmost to accommodate people with disabilities in order to support their full participation in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or a work permit.