Millards Chartered Professional Accountants is a full-service accounting firm that provides services in the following areas; Personal, Corporate, Taxation, Valuation, and Technology.
Our Team is a group of dedicated individuals who are always ready to assist their clients and the communities in which they live. Friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, our clients can count on Millards for effective and experience-driven expertise.
We offer a competitive salary, training opportunities, group benefits and a pension plan and are looking for a:
Staff Accountant – Audit
We require a Staff Accountant with experience in public accounting who will be responsible for providing audit and accounting services to our clients. Located in our Brantford office, the incumbent must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements of the role, ability to work independently and within a team environment. Local travel will require access to a vehicle for travel to clients.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Involvement with work related to engagement assignments, primarily audit and other assurance engagements.
- Providing assistance with audit fieldwork as assigned, including assisting junior staff during fieldwork.
- Preparation and completion of working papers and financial statements according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the engagement.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Must have a post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Must have at least 2 years of public accounting experience, including experience with audit engagements and the application of Canadian Auditing Standards.
- Preference for Professional Accounting Designation.
- Previous experience with accounting programs including Caseware, Caseview.
- Previous experience with Canadian accounting standards for private enterprises and public sector accounting.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to assist junior staff.
- Outstanding client/customer service skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of required government taxes (payroll, consumer, and other business).
If you are motivated by working in a fast-paced, professional environment, can work independently or as part of a team, are well organized and have excellent interpersonal skills, please send your application, with covering letter, to:
Mrs. Laura Maddison
Director of HR & Administration
Millards Chartered Accountants
PO Box 367, 96 Nelson Street
Brantford, ON N3T 5N3
You can also apply using the Millards Application Form Below.
When requested, Millards will do their utmost to accommodate people with disabilities in order to support their full participation in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies, please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries.
By applying for this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or a work permit.