Our business continues to expand and we are looking for a qualified person to join our team. We offer a competitive salary, group benefits, pension plan, flexible hours and a great opportunity for advancement.
Millards is currently recruiting a Senior Canadian Tax Professional for their Brantford office. As a senior tax professional you will work closely with, and help train and mentor, other members of the tax department in delivering consulting and compliance services to a broad range of private and public organizations and individuals. You will lead client engagements for domestic tax related activities, work closely with Partners and Staff on tax planning for clients, research technical tax issues and provide such support as needed to other staff and Partners when requested.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Devise and implement tax minimization and estate planning strategies
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business tax opportunities efficiently
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis
- Review personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms
- Identifying tax issues and preparing memoranda, client letters and reports
- Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Assessment of the impact of new legislation and flag any changes to the firm and its clients
- Support, train, and mentor tax department staff
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years tax experience
- Accounting designation is required (CA, CPA, CMA)
- In-depth Tax Course completed • Knowledge and expertise in Canadian tax compliance and planning
- Knowledge and experience in income tax accounting
- Understanding of the Canada/US tax treaty
- Excellent project management and presentational skills
- Experience in dealing with Canadian tax authorities
Founded in 1920, Millards Chartered Professional Accountants is a full service accounting firm with the goal of providing personal attention and hands-on service to every client. We pride ourselves on offering high professional standards, competence and integrity.
We provide accounting services in the following areas; Personal, Corporate, Taxation, Valuation, and Technology. Our Team is a group of dedicated individuals who are always ready to assist their clients and the communities in which they live. Friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, our clients can count on Millards for effective and experience driven expertise.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or a work permit.