Millards is currently recruiting a Senior Accounting Manager for our Simcoe office.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accounting Manager with at least five years of post-qualification experience in the public accounting sector. You are a generalist who enjoys working on assurance engagements, small business and tax related matters. You are highly motivated with great interpersonal skills.
Millards provides full-service accounting to our clients while offering the opportunity to our employees to learn and grow while providing excellent customer service and training and mentoring other members of the team.
Located in our Simcoe office, you must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to the multiple requirements of the role, and have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Involvement with work related to engagement assignments, including review, and compilation, in addition to personal and corporate tax returns.
- Preparation and completion of working papers, financial statements and tax returns for compilation and review engagements according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of businesses.
- Ensuring that all significant engagement matters are documented and brought to the attention of the Partner, as well as keeping them informed of the progress of the engagement.
- Coordination, and follow-up with the appropriate government agencies as required, of tax assignments including preparation of tax returns (T1, T2s, T4s, T5s, HST), and coordination with the tax department to ensure queries are cleared and deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Must be designated with the CPAO
- At least five (5) years’ post-designation experience in public accounting.
- Working experience with public accounting software such as Caseware, Taxprep.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Outstanding client/customer service skills.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of required government taxes (payroll, consumer and other business)
The Simcoe office of Millards Chartered Professional Accountants was opened in 1948 by J.D. Rouse and we moved into their current location at the Simcoe Armories after its renovation in 2004.
We provide accounting services in the following areas; Personal, Corporate, Taxation, Valuation, and Technology.
Friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, our clients can count on Millards for effective and experience driven expertise.
Millards is an independent member of HLB – the global advisory and accounting network.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter.
If you have the required experience and are looking to work hard with an independent, growing, firm that offers the opportunity for growth within a great workplace, please send your application, with covering letter, to: RobertWelsh@nullmrrca.com
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries. By applying to this position you are confirming you are eligible to work in Canada.