As a tax specialist you will work closely with other members of the tax department in delivering consulting and compliance services to a broad range of private and public organizations and individuals. You will lead client engagements for domestic tax-related activities, work closely with Partners and Staff on tax planning for clients, research technical tax issues and provide such support as needed to other staff and Partners when requested.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Devise and implement tax minimization and estate planning strategies
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities tax efficiently
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis
- Prepare or review personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms
- Researching tax issues and preparing memoranda or client letters and reports
- Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Assist in the assessment of the impact of new legislation and flag any changes to the firm and its clients
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years tax experience
- Accounting designation is required (CA, CPA, CMA)
- In-depth Tax Course in process or completed
- Knowledge and experience in Canadian tax compliance functions, plus involvement with Canadian tax planning
- Knowledge and experience in income tax accounting
- Understanding of the Canada/US tax treaty
- Excellent project management and presentational skills
- Experience in dealing with Canadian tax authorities preferred
- Firm Overview
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter.
If you have the required experience and are looking to work hard with an independent, growing, firm that offers the opportunity for growth within a great workplace, please use the form below to send us your application and resume.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies, please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or a work permit.