Millards is currently recruiting a Document Processor for their Brantford office.
Founded in 1920, Millards Chartered Professional Accountants is a full service accounting firm with the goal of providing personal attention and hands-on service to every client. We pride ourselves on offering high professional standards, competence and integrity.
Our Team is a group of dedicated individuals who are always ready to assist their clients and the communities in which they live. Friendly, knowledgeable and reliable, our clients can count on Millards for effective and experience driven expertise.
Millards is an independent member of HLB – the global advisory and accounting network.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Administrative support to multiple service lines which includes client invoicing, client and contact database management, time & expense reports, etc.
- Assembly of corporate tax and other corporate statutory returns including appropriate client instruction letters.
- Assembly of personal tax returns including cross-checking information from T-slips, receipts and other attachments to the T1 schedules.
- Produce required correspondence, such as engagement, management, independence, transmittal and any other letters required to finalize the financial statements.
- Review for quality, proof read and verify content before finalizing financial statements and other documentation
- Scan documents and embed in CaseWare file.
- Create PDF files and save on the server and maintain digital storage of reports and/or letters.
- Assistance to other admin staff team members as required.
- Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Combination of education/experience in data processing.
- Strong Word Processing Skills.
- Excellent data entry skills and high attention to detail with an aptitude for proofreading and suggesting alternatives.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Acrobat and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Caseware and past experience in public accounting an asset.
- You will be comfortable with different computer systems with the ability to easily adapt to new programs.
- You have the ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks while maintaining high attention to detail.
- You will have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the requirements of their job. Likewise, people need time for personal matters, and our approach to flexibility allows for this.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter.
If you have the required experience and are looking to work hard with an independent, growing, firm that offers the opportunity for growth within a great workplace, please complete the form below.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please. Candidates may be subject to background inquiries. By applying to this position you are confirming you are eligible to work in Canada at the time of hiring.